Sunday 2 August 2020

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME


 WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME 19 John 7:16-20

Jesus answered, “What I teach is not my own teaching, but it comes from God, who sent me. Whoever is willing to do what God wants will know whether what I teach comes from God or whether I speak on my own authority.

Jesus and His Opponents - Are We at Liberty to Change Jesus? - St ...
Free Image from Google 
A person who speaks on his own authority is trying to gain glory for the one who sent him is honest, and there is nothing false in him.  Moses gave you the Law, didn’t he? But not one of you obeys the Law. Why are you trying to kill me?

“You have a demon in you!” the crowd answered. “Who is trying to kill you?”

Lord Jesus Christ, are we different from the crowd? How often our societies have destroyed and kill those who are gifted. Those who would have been of great value to our society are killed out of hatred and jealousy. This is still happening in our world.  Save us Lord from the evil one. I appreciate your teaching me the Lord’s Prayer.

We too can be like the crowd in our ignorance; we may not understand the evils that are perpetrated in our world by those we trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Who Baptise

WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE

THE ONE WHO BAPTISE