Thursday 3 September 2020

THE UNBELIEF OF THE PEOPLE


 JESUS HID HIMSELF JOHN 12:37-43 

In the Wilderness by Ron DiCianni | Jesus art, Jesus painting, Pictures of jesus  christAfter Jesus said this, he went off and hid himself from them. Even though he has performed all these miracles in their presence, they did not believe in him, so that what the prophet Isaiah had said might come true. 

“Lord, who believed the message we told?
To whom did the Lord reveal his power?”
And so they were not able to believe, because Isaiah said also said,
“God has blinded their eyes and closed their minds,
So that their eyes would not see,
 and their minds would not understand,
and they would not turn to me, says God,
for me to heal them.”

Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory spoke about him.
Even then, many of the Jewish authorities believed in Jesus, but because of the Pharisees they did not talk about it openly, so as not to be expelled from the synagogue. They loved human approval rather than the approval of God.

Lord Jesus Christ, I feel sad; for you went and hid yourself from the crowd because no one understood what you felt.  You were alone. No one knew the magnitude of sacrifice you were to undergo to save us. We did not merit it yet you went ahead to offer yourself on our behalf to the Father for the forgiveness of our sins.

Having performed many miracles, yet the people did not believe. Lord how often you delivered me from many challenges and danger. When I am comfortable my feeling of gratitude diminishes. Sometimes I doubt your intervention. Like the people it is like nothing happened. Do I have the right to judge the Jewish people, when I too like all God’s creature have the tendency of doubting God’s providence in my life?  Forgive Lord for many times I did not believe despite seeing your wondrous work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Who Baptise

WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE

THE ONE WHO BAPTISE