Monday 21 September 2020

ANNAS THE HIGH PRIEST QUESTIONS JESUS

T
he High Priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and about his teaching. Jesus answered, “I have always spoken publicly to everyone; all my teaching was done in the synagogues and in the Temple, where all the people come together. I have never said anything in secret. Why, then, do you question me? Question the people who heard me. Ask them what I told them – they know what I said.”

When Jesus said this, one of the guards there slapped him and said “How dare you talk like that to the High Priest!”

Jesus answered him, “If I have said anything wrong, tell everyone here what it was. But if  I am right in what I have said, why do you hit me?”

Then Annas sent him, still bound to Caiaphas the High Priest. 

John 18:19-24

 The disciple well known to the High Priest could not use his influence to save Christ; in this view, they are all guilty of betrayal. Nobody could stop what was destined as predicted by Ciaiphas. Peter was the only one that made effort to save His Master, he was the one that spoke about making altars at the transfiguration, he was the only that tried to dissuade Jesus from embarking on the mission of His crucifixion out of ignorance of what was pre-destined, he was the one who openly confessed Christ identity. Peter tried. It was as if he was alone trying to defend His Master out of love; but John was the beloved disciple probably because of his closeness as His cousin gave him the privilege to be the beloved apostle. (Matt. 26:71-75, Mark 14:69-2, Luke 22:58-62)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Who Baptise

WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE

THE ONE WHO BAPTISE