Sunday 6 September 2020

JESUS PREDICT HIS BETRAYAL

 JOHN 13:21-30
 After Jesus had said this, he was deeply troubled and declared openly, “I am telling you the truth: one of you is going to betray me.”

Ask for Forgiveness - John 13: 21-30 - Sharing the GospelThe disciples looked at one another, completely puzzled about whom he meant.  One of the disciples, the one whom Jesus loved, was sitting next to Jesus.  Simon Peter mentioned to him and said, “Ask him whom he is talking about.”

John, the Disciple Whom Jesus LovedSo that disciple moved closer to Jesus’ side and asked, “Who is it, Lord.” Jesus answered, “I will dip some bread in the sauce and give it to him; he is the man.” So he took a piece of bread, dipped it, and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered him.  Jesus said to him; “Be quick about what you are doing!”  None of the others at the table understood why Jesus said this to him. Since Judas was in charge of the money bag, some of the disciples thought that Jesus had told him to go and by what they needed for the festival, or to give something to the poor.
What else do we know about Judas? 
Judas accepted the bread and went out at once. It was night.

Matt. 26:20-25, Mark 14:17-21, Luke 22:21-23


Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with talents.  Be with me each always. Help me use your gifts to serve my brothers and sisters, and to build your kingdom. It is easy to condemn Judas' action. Lord, how often have I betrayed you when I do not obey your words? When I do not treat my brothers and sisters the way I want to be treated. Help me Lord to follow your steps. Give me a loving and forgiving heart like yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Who Baptise

WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE

THE ONE WHO BAPTISE