Saturday 3 October 2020

I WILL NOT BELIEVE

 JESUS AND THOMAS JOHN 20:24-29 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (called the Twin), was not with them when Jesus came. So they told him, “We have seen the Lord!” Thomas said to them, “Unless I see the scars of the nails in his hands and put my finger on those scars and my hand in his side, I will not believe/”

 A week later the disciples were together again indoors, and Thomas was with them. The doors were locked, but Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands; then stretch out your hand and put it in my side. Stop your doubting, and believe!”

Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me?”

 I think only John narrated this incidence because he wanted to prove a point that Christ did rose from death. Putting ones finger on the scars and  on His side, and the nails on Hand.  If it is true the wounds will be fresh. Thomas did saw His pierced side, the scars of the wounds of Christ.  Interestingly, Jesus knew their conversation, so He addressed Thomas and invited him to do as he had spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Who Baptise

WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE

THE ONE WHO BAPTISE